All our materials for concrete are CE certified and comply with the strict requirements of DS/EN 12620 "Aggregates for concrete” and DS 2426 Concrete "Materials - Regulations for use of EN 206-1 in Denmark".
We are major suppliers for the Danish asphalt market both for ordinary asphalt works as well as for surface treatment.
Our products are used for GAB, ABB as well as for wearing surfaces and we carry products for all special tasks in various colours.
Our stone quarries are located in Norway and Sweden, are CE certified and meet the requirements for the Danish market. The quarries produce graded granite for the asphalt industry throughout Europe where they meet the local country requirements.
Dansk Natursten A/S is one of Denmark's largest suppliers of railway aggregates, we have been the preferred supplier for Banedanmark for almost 20 years.
We offer a total package with logistics and receipt of used railway aggregates.
In addition we can offer imported granite sub base SG1 0/32 mm without chalk content.
Our stone quarries are located on the west coast of Norway and in Scotland. They produce for many European countries and fulfil the stringent requirements which Banedanmark demands.
- Skagens track
- North-west track
- Grenaa track
- Odder track
- Coastal track
Applications for cosmetic stone and special products:
- Façade concrete
- Coloured concrete
- Polished concrete floors
- Lightweight concrete with < 1800 kg/m³ densities
- Heavy concrete with density up to 3900 kg/m³
- Road and path installations in special colours
- Terrazzo production
- Gardens and grounds
We cooperate with producers from many parts of Europe including Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Greece, Germany, Scotland and others.
Selection of our products:
Hyperitt, Norit, Diabas, Nero Ebano, Lysit, Snow White, Norwegian Calsit, Red Goteborg, Cloburn, Vånga, Õssjõ, Åros, Stenungsund, Vikans, Hardeberg, Majs, Jura Gelb, Giallo Siena, Rosso Verona, Crushed glass, Pumice stone, Lytag, Magnedense.
Dansk Natursten A/S has an EC certificate and is certified by Dancert. Our products for concrete are in accordance with the requirements in DS/EN 12620 and DS 2426. The products for road and path installations are strictly approved according to the requirements in EN 13043.
By way of our references, we are the natural partner for the delivery of all types and colours of stone for the Danish and international market.
- Isbjerget Aarhus 2012 - Snow White – polished exposure
- Thyborøn Kirke 2010 - Snow White – smooth
- Slotspladsen in Oslo 2013 - Åros - surfacing
- Danfoss Rødekro 2003 - Rosso Verona - exposure
- Blåvand West Coast Mini golf 2010 – Vikans – water feature built with broken rock
- Cultural Centre in Møgeltønder 2011 – various Italian marble crushed aggregates - Terrazzo floor
- Bredbånd Nord, Brønderslev 2007 – Rosso Verona – exposure
- Suzuki, Køge 2013 – Hardeberg Kvarsit - exposure
- Mariagerfjord Frikirke 2009 – Hyperitt - exposure
- Randers Sports College 2009 – Hyperitt – exposure
- Flextex, Hedensted 2009 – Stenungsund – exposure
- Skejby Hospital 2010 – Magnedense – heavy concrete for x-ray room.
- Kyllingehus Lars Bo Andersen – LYTAG – lightweight concrete elements with high strength
- Pig housing Erik Bredholdt Hornslet – Pumice stone – lightweight concrete elements with white pumice stone
With our own shipping department, we ship over 1.5 million tons of granite aggregate annually to Denmark spread across around 500 vessels.
The majority of the loads come from Norway and Sweden and are transported on ships from 1.200 to 5.000 tons.
Both conventional and self-discharging vessels are used.
Furthermore, we have at our disposal vessels up to 100,000 tons, which regularly call at Aarhus and Copenhagen with granite from Scotland.
We can deliver at all ports and in doing so we can get close to our customers. Our strategy to get as close as possible to the customer is making us the ideal supplier.
We always have plenty of ships at sea and with the good contact we have to our customers, suppliers, ports, shipping lines, etc. we are always ready to react and take action if new opportunities at short notice arise.
Our strong qualities:
- Strong network (customers, suppliers, ports, shipping lines, etc.)
- Industry knowledge
- Daily contact with customers, storage facilities, suppliers, etc.
- Many vessels at sea - we can always reshuffle them.
- Relationship with shipping lines / shipping brokers (options for good freight prices / contracts.)
- All cargos are prioritized
Water building stone
Water building stone is typically used for:
- Construction of sea walls
- Piers and quays
- Harbour base stabilisation
- Canal stabilisation of base and slopes
- Stabilisation of off-shore constructions (Wind turbines, off-shore installations, etc.)
We cooperate with producers in South Norway, Oslo Fjord, Western Sweden and South Sweden.
The producers all have a long history and have subsequently gained tremendous experience in producing these products, which range from 5 kg up to 30 tons.
Logistics solutions at sea
Through our logistics operations of approx. 500 vessel port calls in Denmark, our requirements are prioritized in order to find the correct solution precisely for your task.
Our partners have vessels ranging from 1,500 tons up to 6,000 tons - all as self-discharging vessels. Furthermore, we can offer barge solutions in the region of approx. 2,000 tons up to 10,000 tons loaded material.
From our stocks in Dansk Natursten A/S we can combine water building stone and other stone materials in vessel loads for projects where the volume of stone is less than 1,500 tons. Currently, we have 12 storage facilities across Denmark and we can supply close to the site location regardless of the volume.
Logistics solutions on land
Many of our deliveries do not end in the discharging port. We can offer deliver with specially built trucks that can transport large water building stones directly to the contractor's construction site.
The grading of the material is delivered strictly in accordance with the EN 13383 standard. We can also deliver a grading that is not covered by EN 13383 to fit the client´s project.
We have producers who have quarried stone with a > 2.65 t/m³ density and quarried stone with a > 3.00 t/m³ density.
We can deliver all the usual sizes of material (Course grading), LMA/B (Light grading) and HMA/B (Heavy grading).
All our producers are subject to the strict requirements of EN 13383 and all testing is conducted in the stone quarries and quality documentation follows every delivery.
By virtue of our references, we are the natural partner for the delivery of water building stone.
- Hvide Sande
- Luxury liner terminal, Copenhagen
- Sejerø - Stabilising of the ferry port
- Handbjerg Marina - New marina
- Udbyhøj extension of marina - New marina
- Sjællands Odde – Stabilising of ferry port
- Lønstrup strand – Breakwater
- Venø new ferry quay
- Remmerstrand construction of sea walls
- Skagen Havn beach stabilisation